Spokane Housing Ventures
Position Title: Lincoln County Site Manager
Job Notice and Description
Department: Property Management
Reports to: Property Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Jayne Auld
Approved By: Jayne Auld
Approved Date: August 3, 2012
Spokane Housing Ventures (SHV) is a non-profit community housing development organization providing affordable housing in Lincoln and Spokane Counties and surrounding communities. In business since 1992, SHV owns and operates 630 rental units that serve families and individuals with limited incomes and special needs.
Salary and Benefits
This is a 30 plus hour "exempt" position. Salary is dependent on experience.
Benefits include health and dental insurance in accordance with current organizational policy (80% employer/20% employee paid), paid holidays, vacation, sick and bereavement leave. Flex spending and pension programs are available on a voluntary basis for employee contribution through payroll deduction.
This position involves responsible administrative work in which incumbent is charged with overall management of two or more housing complexes. Incumbent is responsible for implementing management procedures, developed in accordance with policies and regulations of the owner. Incumbent works closely with tenants and community human service organizations for the purpose of providing safe and sanitary housing.
Incumbent is supervised by the SHV Property Operations Manager, or designee, for whom she/he prepares reports weekly and with whom she/he consults on an as-needed basis relative to the interpretation and/or implementation of established regulations, policies, procedures and legal matters.
Incumbent gives direct supervision to maintenance and grounds staff, assigning and evaluating work performance for appearance, accuracy and completeness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains established occupancy rates, unit turn times, resident relations and unit and building standards for housing projects.
- Conducts marketing, tenant screening and leasing activities, including:
- Interviewing applicants, processing applications, completing occupancy and compliance paperwork, showing units, conducting move-ins, orienting tenants on rules and operation of appliances and heating and cooling equipment.
- Maintaining updated tenant records in property management software, including tenant rent payments, rent rolls, move-in and move-out and providing required documentation to central office.
- Certifies income for initial occupancy and re-certifies income annually to insure residents are income qualified under HUD Section 8 program, USDA Rural Development 514 program and the WA State Low Income Housing Tax Credit program regulations. Reviews and submits all income and occupancy forms, including electronically submitted reports to HUD and USDA Rural Development.
- Monitors, trains and evaluates subordinate personnel such as maintenance staff and grounds assistant.
- Collects rents, prepare bank deposits, and reconciles deposit slips in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and submits weekly/monthly reports on vacancies, delinquencies, waiting lists, maintenance requests/logs, property condition and incident reports.
- Collects service charges and legal fees and prepares tenant notices in accordance with established procedure and Landlord Tenant Laws.
- Oversees and coordinates maintenance and grounds work and approves completed work. Submits all necessary paperwork to central office.
- Reviews and analyzes property income and expenses each year and submits recommendation for annual operating budgets, including capital improvements to Property Manager.
- Completes periodic housekeeping and annual Housing Quality Standards inspections of all units.
- Maintains close contact and good relationships with community resource agencies and organizations representing tenants. Makes referrals and/or coordinates supportive care as needed by residents.
- Becomes well versed in and complies with all Landlord Tenant and Fair Housing Laws and local, state and federal program and compliance requirements. Position requires training and certification for the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, HUD and USDA Rural Development Multifamily Housing Programs. Training and certification arranged at company expense. If repeated or remedial training is necessary for certification, training may be required at incumbent's expense.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a highly self-directed and autonomous person with ability to think and act independently, plan and assign work, and train and evaluate staff performance.
- Must have knowledge of residential property management practices, including procedures for marketing, leasing, tenant screening and occupancy, and an understanding of typical residential leasing forms. Proven experience to effectively manage residential property operations and generate positive net operating income.
- Working knowledge the Washington State Landlord-Tenant and federal Fair Housing and ADA laws required.
- Strong general office, math and/or bookkeeping skills required for budget development and assessment, administrative work including accurate and reliable paperwork and file documentation, and monitoring, tracking and recording tenant receivables and charges for rent and other tenant charges.
- Must have working knowledge of property management software with good computer skills, including data entry proficiency and report generation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, including standing, sitting, reaching, driving a vehicle, sustaining computer and desk work, bending, filing, and lifting up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Employment Applications are available online at www.spokanehousingventures.org
Spokane Housing Ventures
715 E. Sprague Avenue
Spokane, WA 99202
Spokane Housing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Return to Employment Opportunities page